At GiveMeCocos, we take candle safety seriously.
We want you to love every moment of your Coconut Candles, however the use of candles requires caution and awareness of the associated risks. As coconut shells are not naturally fire-proof, please ensure you always follow these safety precautions when making your candle.
Failure to follow these instructions could result in fire, hazard or injury.
1. Never leave candle burning unattended or near anything flammable.
2. Burn candle away from clothing, children, pets, drafts, vents & ceiling fans.
3. Always burn on a heat proof surface. DO NOT place your candle directly onto or near flammable or heat sensitive surfaces such as glass or wooden furniture as the coconut shells get hot and may cause damage.
4. Never extinguish candle with water.
5. Never move or touch a burning candle.
6. Never burn candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
7. Stop burning when 10mm of wax is left at the bottom of the coconut. Please DO NOT try to burn the wick past this point.
8. Over burning candle can compromise the candle’s safety.
9. Never use coconut candles as a night light.
10. Always store coconut candles in a cool, dry place below 25° celsius and away from direct sunlight.
11. Never allow candle flame to come in contact with the side of the coconut.
12. Use common sense at all times (the same way you would with any potentially dangerous items such as gas bottles, lighters, etc).
We are not responsible in the event of failure to follow any of these instructions.